Senior Network Engineer – Columbia, MD
|Title:||Senior Network Engineer|
|Pay Range:||$80,000 to $100,000|
Layer8 Consulting is a culture-based technology firm that provides networking, security, data center design, and IT staffing services to our clients. We are owned and operated by senior technical consultants who value our employees as well as our clients.
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer that is capable of supporting a Cisco LAN & WAN environment. This individual will lead all support and troubleshooting efforts as well as engineer new solutions to meet new customer requirements. The individual must be committed to a high level of support with the ultimate goal being total client satisfaction.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routing and switching platforms
- Hands-on experience with Cisco ASA firewalls post 8.3 firmware
- Excellent logical analysis and troubleshooting ability
- Experience with layer2 technologies: VLANs, VTP, STP
- Experience with layer3 routing: EIGRP and BGP
- Experience implementing and supporting MPLS WAN connectivity
- Ability to support IPSEC & DMVPN tunnels
- Capable of extensive network troubleshooting to diagnose issues
- Perform network analysis and capacity planning
- Familiarity with network management tools and reporting
- 5+ years of solid hands-on Cisco routing and switching experience
- 5+ years experience with firewalls and VPN technologies
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent knowledge
- Excellent writing & documentation skills including Visio diagrams
- Solid work ethic and ability to perform using a flexible work schedule
All candidates must have the following abilities:
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to pass a standard background check